Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Biden To Implement Travel Restrictions To Combat New Coronavirus Variants - NPR
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 09:18 GMT
- Thailand confirms record 914 new coronavirus cases - ABC News
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 14:56 GMT
- The coronavirus is becoming more infectious just as California reopens. Here’s how to protect yourself - San Francisco Chronicle
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 12:00 GMT
- Florida schools fill up as they combat coronavirus, teacher concerns - Tampa Bay Times
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 12:30 GMT
- Dozens Arrested, Thousands Ticketed As Dutch Protest New Virus Lockdown Measures : Coronavirus Updates - NPR
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 10:57 GMT
- Monday, Jan. 25, coronavirus data by Michigan county: A month after Christmas, numbers still trending down - MLive.com
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 14:00 GMT
- US coronavirus numbers drop, but the race against new strains heats up: ‘We don’t want to get complacent’ - Chicago Tribune
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 17:30 GMT
- 8 tools that helped us tackle the coronavirus - Chemical & Engineering News
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 06:08 GMT
- Map: California is back on coronavirus tier restrictions, and here’s how those look - Pacifica Tribune
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 17:12 GMT
- US Tops 25 Million Confirmed Coronavirus Cases : Coronavirus Updates - NPR
Sun, 24 Jan 2021 19:24 GMT
- Coronavirus hospitalizations continue to decline - Lowell Sun
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 16:30 GMT
- Coronavirus in Michigan: Here’s what to know Jan. 25, 2021 - WDIV ClickOnDetroit
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 05:00 GMT
- Merck stops coronavirus vaccine development in surprise setback - BioPharma Dive
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 14:24 GMT
- Coronavirus news, updates from Washington & more: What’s trending today - cleveland.com
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 12:56 GMT
- 927 new coronavirus cases, 5 additional deaths - WJTV
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 14:52 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (32): vacc. impact, twins, variant, Japan travel, WHO, global
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 09:21:10 -0500
COVID-19 -- Japan
Vaccinated members sample, age group 60+ review
Given the great interest for data on the impact of Corona virus vaccine, Maccabi Health Services Research Center -- KSM, in collaboration with KI Institute, analyzed the data of COVID-19 infection and COVID-19-related hospitalizations among the 1st approximately 50 000 vaccine recipients (vaccinated between [19-24 Dec 2020]), ages 60+ [older than 60 years old].
Our current work represents raw data without implementing statistical methods
- On the importance of the linking chemistry for the PEGylation of mesoporous silica nanoparticles.
- Visualizing the spatial localization of ciclesonide and its metabolites in rat lungs after inhalation of 1-μm aerosol of ciclesonide by desorption electrospray ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry imaging.
- Outpatient initiation of dofetilide: insights from the complexities of atrial fibrillation management during the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Multi-organ damage by covid-19: congestive (cardio-pulmonary) heart failure, and blood-heart barrier leakage.