Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Is India's coronavirus death 'paradox' vanishing? - Science
Thu, 06 May 2021 18:04 GMT
- New Zealand Pauses 'Travel Bubble' With Australia Amid Coronavirus Outbreak In Sydney - NPR
Thu, 06 May 2021 12:22 GMT
- Pfizer To Vaccinate Olympic Athletes As Japan Mulls Extending Pandemic Restrictions - NPR
Thu, 06 May 2021 14:42 GMT
- Analysis: Half of Global Coronavirus Deaths Unreported - U.S. News & World Report
Thu, 06 May 2021 17:11 GMT
- VIDEO: Why Some Coronavirus Variants Are Better At Infecting Humans : Goats and Soda - NPR
Thu, 06 May 2021 14:18 GMT
- Hospital Doctor Says India's Health Care System Has Collapsed : Coronavirus Updates - NPR
Thu, 06 May 2021 14:20 GMT
- COVID-19 vaccines prevent coronavirus infection, studies imply - Los Angeles Times
Thu, 06 May 2021 15:17 GMT
- Coronavirus in Indiana: 1,261 New Cases, 6 Additional Deaths, 57K Vaccinations - NBC Chicago
Thu, 06 May 2021 18:47 GMT
- FDA.gov Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: May 4, 2021 - FDA.gov
Tue, 04 May 2021 19:44 GMT
- Germany's confirmed coronavirus cases rise by 21953 - RKI - Reuters
Thu, 06 May 2021 07:57 GMT
- Coronavirus in Ohio Thursday update: 1,387 new cases reported - NBC4 WCMH-TV
Thu, 06 May 2021 16:50 GMT
- Coronavirus tally: Global cases of COVID-19 top 155 million and India's case tally above 21 million - MarketWatch
Thu, 06 May 2021 10:21 GMT
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 5: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world - The Seattle Times
Wed, 05 May 2021 13:19 GMT
- Pfizer COVID vaccine protects against worrying coronavirus variants - Nature.com
Thu, 06 May 2021 16:59 GMT
- Coronavirus in Illinois: 1,778 New COVID Cases, 40 Deaths, 99K Vaccinations - NBC Chicago
Thu, 06 May 2021 19:31 GMT
- PRO/AH> Rabbit hemorrhagic disease - USA (06): (CA) wild rabbit, alert
Wed, 05 May 2021 11:56:43 -0400
Other Animal Disease -- United States
A highly contagious and deadly virus targeting wild and domestic rabbits has been detected in 2 rabbit carcasses found in the Cañada de San Vicente Ecological Reserve in Ramona [California]. Wildlife officials said 2 desert cottontails tested positive for the rabbit hemorrhagic disease virus 2 (RHDV2) infection on April 8 .
Rabbit hemorrhagic disease (RHDV2) is not related to the novel coronavirus and does not affect humans or domestic animals other than rabbits. The virus showed up
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (159): animal, India, zoo, lion
Tue, 04 May 2021 17:18:48 -0400
COVID-19 -- India
A total of 8 lions at an Indian zoo have tested positive for coronavirus in what is believed to be the first case of its kind in the country. Officials at Nehru Zoological Park reportedly decided to test the Asiatic lions for COVID-19 after veterinarians working in the zoo noticed the felines had symptoms of the virus, including loss of appetite and coughing.
The Hyderabad zoo is believed to have been told by The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) that the RT-PCR tests of 8
- The unpredictable carbon nanotube biocorona and a functionalization method to prevent protein biofouling Thu, 06 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSIONS: We demonstrate the high unpredictability of the spontaneous protein corona on CNTs and propose a versatile functionalization technique that prevents the binding of nonspecific proteins to the nanotube to improve the use of CNTs in biomedical applications.
- Beliefs and practices among primary care physicians during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in Baden-Wuerttemberg (Germany): an observational study Thu, 06 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSION: The results of this study suggest that the Subspecialised Primary Care Practice that were implemented during the first wave of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic contributed containment of the pandemic. Leads of Subspecialised Primary Care Practice indicated that physical separation of patients with potential SARS-CoV-2 infection was easier compared to those who continued working in their own practice. Additionally, leads of Subspecialised Primary Care Practice felt more confident in dealing...
- Fear and anxiety in girls aged 7 to 11 years old and related factors during the coronavirus pandemic Thu, 06 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Children are one of the most vulnerable groups in crises. The psychological consequences of COVID-19 in children must be considered. This study aimed to assess the fear and anxiety of COVID-19 in primary school girls. It is a descriptive correlational study to investigate schoolgirls' fear and anxiety of covid-19 in southeastern Iran. Data were collected using the fear of coronavirus questionnaire and the Corona Disease Anxiety Scale. The mean score of fear and anxiety of corona disease was...
- COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy and related fears and anxiety Wed, 05 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSIONS: COVID-19-related anxiety and health-related fears were associated with higher vaccine acceptance, whereas the fear of social and economic consequences showed the contrary direction. These findings highlight the need to differentiate between several types of fears and anxiety to predict their influence on vaccine acceptance, and provide important information and an essential base for future studies and interventions.
- SERUM SODIUM ALTERATIONS IN SARS CoV2 (COVID19) INFECTION: IMPACT ON PATIENT OUTCOME Wed, 05 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSIONS: These results suggest that serum sodium at admission may be considered an early prognostic marker of disease severity in hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
- Mechanistic insights into the inhibitory activity of FDA approved ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2: old drug with new implications Wed, 05 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
The novel corona virus (Covid-19) has become a great challenge worldwide since 2019, as no drug has been reported yet. Different clinical trials are still under way. Among them is Ivermectin (IVM), an FDA approved drug which was recently reported as a successful candidate to reduce SARS-CoV-2 viral load by inhibiting Importin-α1 (IMP-α1) protein which subsequently affects nuclear transport of viral proteins but its basic binding mode and inhibitory mechanism is unknown. Therefore, we aimed to...
- Online psychological counselling during lockdown reduces anxiety symptoms and negative affect: Insights from Italian framework Wed, 05 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Several studies have shown how COrona-VIrus Disease-19 (COVID-19) and the consequent isolation and quarantine measures could affect physical and mental well-being. Therefore, the increased request for support and assistance represents a critical challenge for clinicians requiring a reorganization of care systems. In this regard, online counselling has been identified as a useful tool in providing psychological assistance and support. Thus, the main purpose of the current study was to investigate...
- Informationsportal zum Corona-Impfstoff von AstraZeneca Wed, 05 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
- Corona-Impfung macht uns nicht reich Wed, 05 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
- Corona-Splitter Wed, 05 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400