Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Covid-19 Live Updates: Fauci Suggests a National Mask Mandate - The New York Times
Sun, 25 Oct 2020 04:10 GMT
- Coronavirus cases break records as states in every part of U.S. reel under the surge - NBC News
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 21:26 GMT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup October 23, 2020 - FDA.gov
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 21:18 GMT
- Surging coronavirus colors White House race in closing days - Modern Healthcare
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 21:25 GMT
- HHS Release Redacted Moderna COVID-19 Coronavirus Vaccine Contract : Shots - Health News - NPR
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 22:16 GMT
- US Shatters Single-Day Record of Coronavirus Cases With Over 83000 New Infections - Bay News 9
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 12:30 GMT
- US sets coronavirus infection record; deaths near 224000 - Portland Press Herald - pressherald.com
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 20:15 GMT
- Maine CDC reports 44 new coronavirus cases, no additional deaths - Press Herald
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 14:04 GMT
- Home tests could help in the fight against the coronavirus. So where are they? - The Washington Post
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 17:55 GMT
- Marin treatments for coronavirus similar to Trump’s - Marin Independent Journal
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 23:01 GMT
- Coronavirus update: Washington state adds over 900 COVID-19 cases - KOMO News
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 22:44 GMT
- California passes 900,000 coronavirus cases; L.A. County nears 300,000 - Los Angeles Times
Sun, 25 Oct 2020 01:52 GMT
- California coronavirus cases top 900,000; L.A. County has nearly 300,000 - KTLA
Sun, 25 Oct 2020 02:11 GMT
- Michigan reports new highest number of daily coronavirus cases on Saturday - Detroit Free Press
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 19:32 GMT
- Illinois sets a new daily high for coronavirus cases Saturday, piling onto nation's record surge - STLtoday.com
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 23:30 GMT
- PRO/ALL> New in IJID (10): October 2020
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 09:38:10 -0400
COVID-19, Not Yet Classified, Dengue, Japanese Encephalitis, Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, Tuberculosis, Schistosomiasis, Influenza, Carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae (CRE) -- Worldwide/Unknown
ITP following vaccination
Paula David, Yehuda Shoenfeld
Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 99(Oct): 243-244
A call for strengthened evidence on targeted, non-pharmaceutical interventions against COVID-19 for the protection of vulnerable individuals in sub-Saharan Africa
Robert Colebunders, Joseph Nelson Siewe Fodjo, Guido Vanham, Rafael Van den Bergh
Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 99(Oct): 482-484
- A national cross-sectional survey of public perceptions of the COVID-19 pandemic: Self-reported beliefs, knowledge, and behaviors.
- Implications of Biomolecular Corona for Molecular Imaging.
- Emergency surgical management of cervical spine fracture-dislocation with acute paraplegia in COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease 2019)-suspected patient: first experience from a German spine centre.
- Longitudinal Quantitative Analysis of Radiation Oncology Staff Illness in a New York City Center during COVID-19: The Impact of New Guidelines on Operations and Employee Health.
- Clinical characteristics of 116 hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China: a single-centered, retrospective, observational study.
- Characteristics and Symptoms of App Users Seeking COVID-19-Related Digital Health Information and Remote Services: Retrospective Cohort Study.