Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Covid-19 Live Updates - The New York Times
Fri, 25 Sep 2020 01:02 GMT
- Most Texas public school coronavirus cases found in teenagers, data shows - The Texas Tribune
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 19:41 GMT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup September 23, 2020 - FDA.gov
Wed, 23 Sep 2020 22:10 GMT
- Coronavirus Briefing: What Happened Today - The New York Times
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 23:42 GMT
- As Coronavirus Cases Surge in Europe, Hospitalizations Lag - The New York Times
Fri, 25 Sep 2020 00:00 GMT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes First Point-of-Care Antibody Test for COVID-19 - FDA.gov
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 00:52 GMT
- Sept. 24 evening update: The latest on the coronavirus and Maine - Bangor Daily News
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 23:16 GMT
- Fauci cautions that a Covid-19 vaccine won't eliminate the need for masks and public health measures - CNN
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 22:08 GMT
- 'Sewer sludge' detects coronavirus outbreaks days faster than contact tracing, study finds - NBC News
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 22:39 GMT
- Live updates: Child vaccinations plummeted during the pandemic, federal data shows - The Washington Post
Fri, 25 Sep 2020 00:48 GMT
- This Republican governor refused a mask mandate. Then he got coronavirus. - CNN
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 19:58 GMT
- 30 More People Killed By Coronavirus In Illinois As 2257 Cases Reported - Block Club Chicago
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 12:34 GMT
- Florida coronavirus cases bump, hospital data levels - Tampa Bay Times
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 20:00 GMT
- Coronavirus continues to top what Americans hear about Trump - CNN
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 16:09 GMT
- Coronavirus: Israel tightens second lockdown to avoid 'abyss' - BBC News
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 11:22 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (412): surfaces, pregnancy, WHO, global
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 11:47:20 -0400
COVID-19 -- South Korea
The purpose of this study was to determine the extent of air and surface contamination of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) in 4 health care facilities with hospitalized coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patients.
We investigated air and environmental contamination in the rooms of 8 COVID-19 patients in 4 hospitals. Some patients were in negative-pressure rooms, and others were not. None had undergone aerosol-generating procedures. On days
- [Leptospira-Zebra under the "corona herd"].
- Identification of destabilizing SNPs in SARS-CoV2-ACE2 protein and spike glycoprotein: implications for virus entry mechanisms.
- Psychosocial emergency care in times of COVID-19: the Essen University Hospital concept for corona-infected patients, their relatives, and medical staff.
- The socio-economic impacts of Covid-19 restrictions: Data from the coastal city of Mombasa, Kenya.
- The impact of social distancing and self-isolation in the last corona COVID-19 outbreak on the body weight in Sulaimani governorate- Kurdistan/Iraq, a prospective case series study.
- A Study of High-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer Origins Implicates the SOX18 Transcription Factor in Tumor Development.