Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup August 3, 2020 - FDA.gov
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 20:45 GMT
- K-12 schools and colleges can reopen, but safety should come first, Fauci says - CNN
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 22:50 GMT
- Countries once praised for their handling of coronavirus are struggling to deal with new outbreaks - CNN
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 19:58 GMT
- Dr. Anthony Fauci starting to see 'insidious' rise in rate of positive coronavirus cases in some states - CNBC
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 17:26 GMT
- ‘The Biggest Monster’ Is Spreading. And It’s Not the Coronavirus. - The New York Times
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 09:00 GMT
- Coronavirus in California: Confirmed Cases in Modoc County - The New York Times
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 13:01 GMT
- Trump criticizes Birx for the first time after she issues coronavirus warnings - CNN
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 22:39 GMT
- Getting a coronavirus vaccine in record time is hard. Distributing it to tens of millions may be equally daunting. - The Washington Post
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 14:15 GMT
- Two teens in Florida die of coronavirus complications - CNN
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 22:10 GMT
- 1298 New Illinois Coronavirus Cases Reported As Positivity Rate Rises - Block Club Chicago
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 12:29 GMT
- More Americans say the U.S. is blowing it on coronavirus. Trump voters disagree. - The Washington Post
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 20:24 GMT
- A Hospital Forgot to Bill Her Coronavirus Test. It Cost Her $1,980. - The New York Times
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 09:00 GMT
- California coronavirus cases exceed 500,000, surpassing N.Y. - Los Angeles Times
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 21:22 GMT
- Coronavirus: WHO warns of 'no silver bullet' amid vaccine search - BBC News
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 19:00 GMT
- Coronavirus: Hospitalizations show improving situation in California - The Mercury News
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 16:27 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (340): animal, China, envir monitoring, Netherlands (NB), mink
Sat, 01 Aug 2020 18:11:17 -0400
COVID-19 -- China
China's National Health Commission (NHC) has urged local authorities to strengthen monitoring for the coronavirus at major wholesale markets that can cover extensive neighbouring areas, especially those with stands selling frozen and refrigerated meats and seafood, or with moist and closed spaces, according to a notice published on the commission's website.
The guideline comes after China's capital city Beijing reported in early June  a cluster of coronavirus infections that centred
- Management Plan of a Paediatric Outpatient Department during the SARS-CoV-2 Epidemic.
- Focus on clinical practice: angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 and corona virus disease 2019: pathophysiology and clinical implications.
- An expression of concern on research misconduct during the corona virus disease-2019 pandemic.
- Approaches and advances in the development of potential therapeutic targets and antiviral agents for the management of SARS-CoV-2 infection.