Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Live Coronavirus Updates: Testing Demand in U.S. Soars - The New York Times
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:57 GMT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup July 6, 2020 - FDA.gov
Mon, 06 Jul 2020 21:30 GMT
- Contact tracing is no longer possible across the US South due to rapid coronavirus surges, health expert says - CNN
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 10:24 GMT
- Live updates: Coronavirus hospitalizations soar as Fauci warns U.S. is ‘still knee deep in the first wave’ - The Washington Post
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:54 GMT
- Novavax Gets $1.6 Billion for Coronavirus Vaccine From Operation Warp Speed - The New York Times
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:05 GMT
- Brazil's Bolsonaro tested for coronavirus after feeling unwell, reporting a high temperature - CNBC
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:11 GMT
- How Chattanooga, Tennessee, became a coronavirus hot spot - NBC News
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 09:06 GMT
- Fact-checking Trump's claims that US coronavirus death rate is the lowest worldwide - CNN
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 10:54 GMT
- U.S. Coronavirus Cases Climb but Some States Push On With Reopenings - The Wall Street Journal
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:07 GMT
- How blood type may affect your coronavirus risk - NBC News
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 09:02 GMT
- What you need to know about coronavirus on Tuesday, July 7 - CNN
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 11:24 GMT
- A patient's experience in a coronavirus vaccine trial - The Washington Post
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:58 GMT
- Poll says Texans' hopes for quick return to pre-coronavirus life are fading - The Texas Tribune
Mon, 06 Jul 2020 17:29 GMT
- A high-risk Florida teen who died from covid-19 attended a huge church party, then was given hydroxychloroquine by her parents, report says - The Washington Post
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:05 GMT
- Coronavirus in Michigan: Here’s what to know July 7, 2020 - WDIV ClickOnDetroit
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:50 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (304): Al Jazeera, transm, variant, meat plant, WHO
Mon, 06 Jul 2020 20:31:50 -0400
COVID-19 -- Worldwide/Unknown
WHO said that it was discontinuing its trials of the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine and combination HIV drug lopinavir/ritonavir in hospitalised patients with COVID-19 after the medications failed to reduce mortality.
Madagascar has placed its capital Antananarivo under a fresh lockdown following a new surge in coronavirus infections, 2 months after the restrictions were eased, the presidency announced. No traffic will be allowed in or out of the
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (302): Al Jazeera, selected countries, WHO, global
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 11:44:30 -0400
COVID-19 -- Worldwide/Unknown
England to quarantine all US arrivals: The USA will be placed on a "red list" of countries whose citizens will have to quarantine for 14 days. Britain will end coronavirus quarantines for people arriving in England from more than 50 countries, including Germany, France, Spain and Italy -- but not the USA.
USA: The USA issues guidelines but no new rules for air travel -- Federal agencies in the USA said airlines should consider limiting capacity on planes to promote social distancing but
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 Update (300): Korea antibodies, China asymptomatic index case, WHO
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 15:07:27 -0400
COVID-19 -- South Korea
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), a new strain of betacoronavirus that causes coronavirus disease (COVID-19), quickly spread worldwide; the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic on [11 Mar 2020] (1). Recent studies showed that a substantial number of asymptomatic COVID-19 patients contributed to the rapid dissemination of SARS-CoV-2 (2). In hospitalized COVID-19 patients, neutralizing antibody production was shown to increase after
- Drape to Prevent Disease Transmission During Endotracheal Intubation.
- Association between chronic ACE inhibitor exposure and decreased odds of severe disease in patients with COVID-19.
- [The risk and prevention of bio-aerosol transmission in dental clinics].
- [Management and prevention of dental emergency during corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19) epidemic].
- [Instructions for clinical research of oral diseases under the first level response to public health emergencies].
- Dynamic Stability and Trunk Control Improvements Following Robotic Balance and Core Stability Training in Chronic Stroke Survivors: A Pilot Study.
- Rethinking the one-size-fits-most approach to venous thromboembolism prophylaxis after radical cystectomy.
- Ayurvedic clinical profile of COVID-19 - A preliminary report.
- Facial Aging: A 54-Year, Three-Dimensional Population Study.
- Hormonal Contraception and Female Sexuality: Position Statements from the European Society of Sexual Medicine (ESSM).