- COVID-19 lockdown, personal protective equipment, hyper-hygiene and allergy Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
At the beginning of Sars-Cov 2 pandemic, in the absence of "targeted" therapies, the national health authorities have introduced some measures aimed at reducing the spread of infection in the community (lockdown, social distancing, personal protective equipment (PPE), personal hygiene and disinfection of living environments). All the containment measures have led to both positive and negative effects in patients with allergic diseases. We believe that further studies should be undertaken to...
- Covid-19: Contributions from Psychopharmacology Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
The COVID-19 pandemic is causing a major burden on personal health, healthcare systems and the global economy. For the last two years the COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically changed our lives in many personal and professional areas. For millions of us, due to infection rates, but also to protection measures such as lockdowns the corona pandemic has significantly changed the way we work, how we live, and how we interact with technology. In addition to the development of effective vaccines,...
- A novel machine learning scheme for face mask detection using pretrained convolutional neural network Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
Corona virus 2019 (COVID-19) erupted toward the end of 2019, and it has continued to be a source of concern for a large number of people and organizations well into 2020. Wearing a face cover has been shown in studies to reduce the risk of viral transmission while also providing a sense of security. Be that as it may, it isn't attainable to physically follow the execution of this strategy. This proposed system is built by pretrained deep learning model, Vgg16. The proposed scheme is easy to...
- Could Guillain-Barré syndrome be triggered by COVID-19 vaccination? Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
Due to SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) pandemic and its catastrophic impact on society, the FDA granted emergency use authorization for some vaccines. Possible rare side effects could not have been observed in this relatively short period. We are reporting an elderly lady with multiple comorbidities who presented with progressive lower limb weakness that started seven days after receiving the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. The electrodiagnostic study showed demyelinating polyneuropathy with secondary...
- Effect of Prior Therapy and Disease Refractoriness on the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Selinexor in Patients with Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma (DLBCL): A Post-hoc Analysis of the SADAL Study Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: Regardless of prior therapy and disease refractory status, selinexor treatment demonstrated results consistent with its novel mechanism of action and lack of cross-resistance. Thus, single agent oral selinexor can induce deep, durable, and tolerable responses in patients with DLBCL who have recurrent disease after several chemoimmunotherapy combination regimens.
- Radiological Assistance In Managing Workflow In Medical And Surgical Indications At Shifa International Hospital In COVID-19 Pandemic Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: The radiology department plays a central role in streamlining the patient inflow admitted for surgical or medical indications and thus needs to be prepared for patient surges and increased volumes, with large influxes of patients to the emergency department that will require diagnostic imaging and interventional services.
- Nanoparticle protein corona evolution: from biological impact to biomarker discovery Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
Nanoparticles exposed to biological fluids such as blood, quickly interact with their surrounding milieu resulting in a biological coating that results in large part as a function of the physicochemical properties of the nanomaterial. The large nanoparticle surface area-to-volume ratio further augments binding of biological molecules and the resulting biomolecular or protein corona, once thought of as problematic biofouling, is now viewed as a rich source of biological information that can guide...
- Recovery of Supraspinal Microstructural Integrity and Connectivity in Patients Undergoing Surgery for Degenerative Cervical Myelopathy Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: Recovery of microstructural integrity along the corticospinal tract and other sensorimotor pathways, together with supraspinal reorganization of microstructural connectivity within sensory and motor-related regions, was associated with neurological improvement after surgical decompression.
- Management of male factor infertility: position statement from the Italian Society of Andrology and Sexual Medicine (SIAMS) : Endorsing Organization: Italian Society of Embryology, Reproduction, and Research (SIERR) Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: These Guidelines are based on two principal aspects: they are couple-oriented and place high value in assessing, preventing, and treating risk factors for infertility. These Guidelines also highlighted that male infertility and in particular testicular function might be a mirror of general health of a man.
- Teilnahme am Regelunterricht (Präsenzunterricht) in der Schule ohne Mund-Nasen-Bedeckung: GG Art. 2 Abs. 1 u. 2, 19 Abs. 4; VwGO 80 Abs. 5,123 Abs. 1 S. 2; ZPO 920 Abs. 2 ZPO, 294; IfSG 32 S. 1 u. 2, 28a Abs. 1 S. 1; Nds. Corona-Verordnung 3 Abs. 6, 13 Abs. 1 S. 4ff.; NSchG 31 Abs. 1, Abs. 10 Nr. 1 lit. h) Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500