- Liner dissociation in total hip arthroplasty: a systematic review Wed, 30 Nov 2022 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSIONS: LD is a rare but catastrophic mechanical complication of modular THA that requires implant revision. The LD is not related to a specific prosthetic implant, liner material or design, acetabular positioning within the safe zone or age group.
- Does expert information affect citizens' attitudes toward corona policies? Evidence from Germany Wed, 30 Nov 2022 06:00:00 -0500
Information provided by experts is believed to play a key role in shaping attitudes towards policy responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. This paper uses a survey experiment to assess whether providing citizens with expert information about the health risk of COVID-19 and the economic costs of lockdown measures affects their attitudes towards these policies. Our findings show that providing respondents with information about COVID-19 fatalities among the elderly raises support for lockdown...
- Investigation of respiratory tract coinfections in Coronavirus disease 2019 infected and suspected cases Wed, 30 Nov 2022 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: The risk of coinfection of COVID-19 with influenza A, RSV, parainfluenza, and rhino/entero virus was found to be higher than other viral agents. Especially in winter, the risk of coinfection with influenza A and COVID-19 increases. In terms of treatment management, coinfection should be investigated in risky patients and influenza a vaccine should be offered to risky groups.
- The metabolic role of prolactin: systematic review, meta-analysis and preclinical considerations Wed, 30 Nov 2022 06:00:00 -0500
INTRODUCTION: Hyperprolactinemia has been proven to induce hypogonadism and metabolic derangements in both genders, while the consequences of prolactin (PRL) deficiency have been poorly investigated.
- Differences in Human Plasma Protein Interactions Between Various Polymersomes and Stealth Liposomes as Observed by Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy Wed, 30 Nov 2022 06:00:00 -0500
A significant factor hindering the clinical translation of polymersomes as vesicular nanocarriers is the limited availability of comparative studies detailing their interaction with blood plasma proteins compared to liposomes. Here, polymersomes were self-assembled via film rehydration, solvent exchange, and polymerization-induced self-assembly (PISA) using five different block copolymers. The hydrophilic blocks were composed of anti-fouling polymers, poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) or...
- Prevalence, pathophysiology, prediction and health-related quality of life of long COVID: study protocol of the longitudinal multiple cohort CORona Follow Up (CORFU) study Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:00:00 -0500
INTRODUCTION: The variety, time patterns and long-term prognosis of persistent COVID-19 symptoms (long COVID-19) in patients who suffered from mild to severe acute COVID-19 are incompletely understood. Cohort studies will be combined to describe the prevalence of long COVID-19 symptoms, and to explore the pathophysiological mechanisms and impact on health-related quality of life. A prediction model for long COVID-19 will be developed and internally validated to guide care in future patients.
- Surface Control of Nanodiamond: From Homogeneous Termination to Complex Functional Architectures for Biomedical Applications Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:00:00 -0500
ConspectusInterest in nanodiamond (ND) has been spurred by its unique properties such as high biocompatibility, versatile surface chemistry, and the possibility to apply it as drug delivery agent, cross-linker, or coating and for sensing applications when luminescent lattice defects such as the NV centers are present in the crystal lattice. Currently, nanodiamond has been used for targeted drug delivery, phototherapeutic applications, and sensing and imaging in cellular environments and in...
- Digital teaching 2020: Online teaching receives a better assessment than face-to-face teaching Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: The structure of our courses has also been proven online. The theoretical content could be excellently mediated; however, practical exercises are not possible online. For the learning of practical skills, face-to-face instruction is still necessary.
- A systematic review of interventional trials reporting relationships between silent mantram repetition and health in adults Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:00:00 -0500
- Coronavirus-mimicking nanoparticles (CorNPs) in artificial saliva droplets and nanoaerosols: Influence of shape and environmental factors on particokinetics/particle aerodynamics Mon, 28 Nov 2022 06:00:00 -0500
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, abbreviated as SARS-CoV-2, has been associated with the transmission of infectious COVID-19 disease through breathing and speech droplets emitted by infected carriers including asymptomatic cases. As part of SARS-CoV-2 global pandemic preparedness, we studied the transmission of aerosolized air mimicking the infected person releasing speech aerosol with droplets containing CorNPs using a vibrating mesh nebulizer as human patient simulator....